Refugees are welcome here! No human being is illegal!
On Friday we will be rallying in response to Trump’s explicit targeting of refugee and immigrant communities at the Thompson Statue on OSU's North Oval (4:00 P.M.)
In the 7 days since Trump has taken power, he has pushed forward a slate of reactionary executive orders:
* Authorizing the expansion of the US-Mexico border wall
* Stripping federal grant money to sanctuary cities
* Hiring 5000 border patrol agents
* Reviving Keystone XL and the Dakota Access Pipeline
* Banning federal funds to international groups that perform abortions or lobby to legalize or promote abortion
* Gutting healthcare
* And he is expected to temporarily ban immigration from Muslim countries such as Syria, Iran, Iraq, Libya, Yemen, Sudan, and Somalia
In the coming days and months we can only expect more and more legislation aimed at attacking people based upon their race, gender, sexuality, religion, or citizenship status. We need to resist each and every one of these attacks without hesitation.
An injury to one is an injury to all and when we’re under attack we need to stand up and fight back.
Supporting groups and organizations are encouraged to cosponsor this rally. Contact our Facebook page or members of our group for more information.
Sponsors: ISO Columbus, Jewish Voice for Peace at OSU, Renew OSU, Ohio Interfaith Immigrant and Migrant Justice Coalition, Femunity, Real Food
Thursdays at 7:00 PM*