ISO Cololumbus organizer Pranav Jani comments on Trump's escalation of the US war in Syria:The antiwar movement is rusty after the pass that liberals gave Obama's drone wars and other interventions. So let's review:
1) Trump's popularity will probably spike
2) The press will be busy flooding the airwaves with details of the missiles used, as if these are toys or neat pieces of technology
3) Democrats will either join in with Trump or disagree--because they want longer, sustained war, maybe even boots on the ground, rather than a few strikes.
4) The press will be busy interviewing general after general, and kissing ass.
5) The rhetoric of "humanitarian intervention" will be used to rope in liberals.
6) Antiwar actions, hopefully many, will be painted as pro-Assad and anti-people.
7) Antiwar activists will need to relearn that we can be against Assad, against US attacks, against Russian control all at the same time.
8) Syrian people will suffer most.
We need to demand an end to the hypocrisy that creates more refugees but denies them entry into the US.